Don’t just book an appointment with a cosmetic dentist right away. Before you make your decision, make sure you ask the following questions first.
Are you unhappy or unsatisfied with your smile? Are you planning to see a cosmetic dentist? If you are visiting a Cosmetic Dentist Adelaide office to discuss a smile-makeover or what you don’t like about your smile, make sure that the clinic knows more about who you are and what you want before booking any procedures. That’s why before scheduling for any procedure, ask these questions first!
- What type of dental work do I need done?
First, make sure you ask the cosmetic dentist what type of dental work you need. They will ask about your teeth, gums, how things look currently, and any signs of decay or disease present. This way, they can provide the most accurate treatment plan for what’s going on with your smile right now.
Suppose it is determined that there are no underlying issues that need fixing. In that case, cosmetic dentistry Adelaide will be able to provide various procedures that can transform your teeth, gums and smile without encountering any problems. Your cosmetic dentist won’t recommend you to undergo any operation before getting a cosmetic dentistry procedure.
Suppose it is determined that there are underlying issues present with your teeth or gums. In that case, the clinic may recommend you see an endodontist for dental work before any cosmetic procedures commence. This way, they can ensure your teeth are in excellent condition before proceeding to the operation.
- How much does a cosmetic dentistry procedure cost?
The cost for cosmetic dentistry will depend on the type of cosmetic dentistry procedure you are getting and the clinic undertaking it. But on average, teeth whitening at Cosmetic Dentist Adelaide will cost $1800 to $2200, which includes a course of four treatments, for example.
If you’re on a budget, getting an idea of how much you will need to spend on cosmetic dentistry will help you narrow down the best procedure for you. Some clinics will also offer financing or payment plans so that their patients and prospective clients have more options for cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Is there anything else I should know if I decide to proceed with this treatment plan?
Apart from what was already mentioned, there might be some pre-procedure steps you will need to take before getting cosmetic dentistry. For example:
- If whitening is what you want, your teeth should have an initial cleaning and polishing before the treatment for it to work at its best. If porcelain veneers are on your agenda, there might be a need for some bite correction as well.
- If you consider tooth-coloured fillings, keep in mind that these can only replace small cavities and do not cover larger areas of decay.
- Patients with gum disease should also inform their cosmetic dentist Adelaide before the procedure because it could affect the treatment outcome.
- How will I know if the procedure was a success?
As is the case with any dental procedure, there might be some swelling and pain as your teeth recover from the recently performed cosmetic dentistry. For this reason, it’s important to always follow up after treatment with your dentist or doctor for instructions on how to care for yourself during that time.
The good news? You should be able to notice results as early as two weeks after the procedure.
For more information about cosmetic dentistry and what procedures your cosmetic dentist can offer, visit our website now. You can also call our hotline to book an appointment with one of our licensed cosmetic dentists.